Thursday, March 8, 2012

RECIPE! Miss Jan's Chocolate Crispy Cookies!


May it be known that I am a sucker for a good cookie. Especially when it includes chocolate chips.


And I love it when a cookie is soft and crispy.

What? Soft AND crispy?

Yes. That's what I said.


My daughter's pre-school teacher Jan Taylor gave me this recipe...and the cookies. I'd like to share the super deliousness with you! 

Here's how you make these cookies!

Miss Jan's Chocolate Crispy Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 F, grease cookie sheets

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups crisp rice cereal (or any kind of crispy, crunchy cereal)
12 oz package of chocolate chips (I bet you could use any kind of baking chips...YUM!)

Stir together flour, soda and salt, set aside. 

Beat margarine or butter and sugar until smooth.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  

Mix in flour mixture.  

Stir in cereal and chocolate chips. 

Drop by level measuring tablespoon onto greased baking sheet. 

 Bake at 350 about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  

Remove from baking sheets.

Makes about 7 dozen


Do you have a favorite cookie recipe? 


No comments:

Post a Comment